WEDDING ESSENTIALS: CANADIAN BRASS CD
- usually ships in 1 business day
A wedding day is filled with moments that become memories. Wedding music gives those memories a melody to play in your heart forever. – Anonymous
Packaged complete with a do-it-yourself guide, this new CD release from Canadian Brass offers an all-inclusive musical package to accompany that special day. With wedding classics set out for each part of the ceremony, Wedding Essentials makes for a perfect resource for a bride & groom to be, or a thoughtful gift for someone seeking an element of timeless class for their wedding day.
1. Air (from “Water Music”) - Händel
2. Largo (from “Xerxes”) - Händel
3. Prayer (from “Hansel and Gretel”) - Humperdinck
4. Air on the G String (from “Suite No. 3”) - Bach
5. Canon - Pachelbel
6. Fanfare (from “Orfeo”) - Monteverdi
7. Trumpet Tune and Ayre - Purcell
8. Trumpet Voluntary - Stanley
9. Albason Fanfare - Reiche
10. Trumpet Voluntary - Clarke
11. Bridal Chorus (from “Lohengrin”) - Wagner
12. Wedding March - Mendelssohn
13. Rondeau - Mouret
14. We Hasten With Eager Footsteps -Bach
15. Where E’er You Walk - Händel
16. Amazing Grace - Traditional American
17. Suite in Five Parts - Pergolesi
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If it's always been a dream of yours to walk down the aisle to the sound of a brass ensemble, but the cost is just a bit prohibitive, then this disc from the Canadian Brass is sure to fit the bill. Wedding Essentials is chock-a-block full of the most traditional and timeless wedding music, performed by a group of musicians that has been hailed as "the world's leading brass ensemble" by the Washington Post.
What's more, aside from some of the most talented musicians available, the disc offers help to the bride- and groom-to-be in choosing which music to play … and when. Three pieces are recommended as preludes, nine have been designated as processional pieces (broken down according to the different parts of the procession), two make good recessional music and the remaining four pieces are fine samples of interlude music.
All the favorites are here. Bach's "Air on a G-string," Purcell's Trumpet Tune and Ayre, selections from Handel's "Water Music" and much more. A personal favorite is Engelbert Humperdinck's "Prayer" from Hansel and Gretel.
And though the disc is specifically tailored to offer a little assistance to even the most flustered of fiancés, the music makes for good listening just about any time … and for any one.