Transcendental Etudes Collection for Trumpet (Brandon Ridenour)
The complete collection of Etudes in PDF and a full recording performed by Brandon Ridenour is included in this download.
Written in 2020, these (10) etudes are for the advanced player, each exercising a different musical style and/or trumpet-related concept. Written in a similar vein as Debussy and his piano etudes, these are a “warning to trumpeters to not take up the musical profession unless they have remarkable lips/fingers.” It is the composer’s hope that trumpet players everywhere will feel their playing and musicality transcend to a higher level after practice and execution of these etudes. Two etude excerpts can be seen in the videos below.
TO ORDER TRANCENDENTAL ETUDES PDF ONLY/ NO RECORDING, CLICK HERE
1. Etude No. 1 - Gracefully (2:23)
2. Etude No. 2 - French Tongue (2:24)
3. Etude No. 3 - Thirds and the Third Valve (2:40)
4. Etude No. 4 - Use the Fourth (2:31)
5. Etude No. 5 - Lyrical Leaps (2:55)
6. Etude No. 6 - Fast-Friendly-Fingers (1:43)
7. Etude No. 7 - Lucky Number Blues (1:46)
8. Etude No. 8 - Flexible Frazing (2:37)
9. Etude No. 9 - Boppin' around (1:05)
10 Etude No. 10 - The Russian One (2:21)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Recommend for advanced players