A new approach to Renaissance music. Here the brass ensemble doesn't accompany a choir, but voices and brass merge to provide a completely different sound and feeling. Throughout the recording the tuba has been replaced by a cimbasso (valve contrabass trombone) played by Chuck Daellenbach.
1. Ascendo ad Patrem (Palestrina)
2. Miserere (Allegri)
3. Io parto e non piu dissi (Gesualdo)
4. Io pur respiro (Gesualdo)
5. Resta di darmi noia (Gesualdo)
6. Moro, lasso (Gesualdo)
7. Exsultate Deo (Palestrina)
8. Missa Ascendo ad Patrem (Palestrina)
All arrangements by Arthur Frackenpohl.