Twenty great Dixieland classics presented here in complete versions with trumpet great John Hoffman; then as backgrounds to your own performance with the Dixieland All-Stars. Contains printed music score and online audio files. Due to the improvisational nature of these compositions, two versions of each song have been provided – the first with the melody played “straight,” and the second with an improvised solo part. Those audio demos plus play-along tracks are all accessed online using the unique code inside each book and can be streamed or downloaded. The audio files include PLAYBACK+, a multi-functional audio player that allows you to slow down audio without changing pitch, set loop points, change keys, and pan left or right.
Accompaniment: Dixieland All-Stars: Nat Pierce, piano; Jim Dahl, trombone; Hal McKusick, clarinet; Russ Saunders, bass; Ted Sommer, drums.
- Copenhagen Composed by Melrose & Davis
- King Porter Stomp Composed by Morton
- Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans Composed by De Lange & Alter
- Maple Leaf Rag Composed by Scott Joplin
- Milenberg Joys Composed by Morton
- Sugar Foot Stomp Composed by Melrose & Oliver
- When The Saints Go Marching In Composed by Trad.
- Your Feet's Too Big Composed by Benson & Fisher
- Weary Blues Composed by Matthews
- Why Don't You Do Right Composed by McCoy
- After You've Gone Composed by Creamer & Layton, Turner (music And Lyrics)
- Basin Street Blues Composed by S. Williams
- Bugle Call Rag Composed by Pettis, Meyers & Schoebel
- Dallas Blues Composed by Garrett And Wand
- Farewell Blues Composed by Schoebel; Mares; Rappolo
- Floatin' Down to Cotton Town Composed by Frost & Klickmann
- A Good Man Is Hard To Find Composed by Green, Eddie
- San Composed by McPhail And Michels
- Tin Roof Blues Composed by Melrose & New Orleans Rhythm Kings
- Wolverine Blues Composed by J. Spikes; B. Spikes; Morton